The planned, round the world trip itinerary
Here is my planned, round the world itinerary. Like all things, it’s subject to change, and it most definitely will. I’ve decided to create an itinerary for one reason – to give me the freedom and flexibility to modify, ignore parts, or just abandon it totally.
I will be starting my trip in December, 2022, from the Sydney Opera House and cycling the short distance to Sydney Airport, before flying to Queenstown, New Zealand. After a week there, pottering around, I will start pedalling through New Zealand. From there, it’s a few years cycling through North and South America.
I can only guess how long it will take for me to cycle through Africa. Europe (including the UK & Ireland), and Asia. The trip will end, after the final leg from Darwin, where it started: the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
I’ve put together a series of maps, with proposed routes, which are linked below (each opens in a new tab/window).
- RTW, part 1: Sydney Opera House to Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD/YSSY)
- RTW, part 2: Queenstown, New Zealand, to Auckland, New Zealand
- RTW, part 3: Cape Spear, NF, Canada, to Welshpool, NB, Canada
- RTW, part 4: Calais, ME, United States, to San Ysidro, CA, United States
- RTW, part 5: Tijuana, Mexico, to Panama City, Panama
- RTW, part 6: Caracas, Venezuela, to Santiago, Chile
- RTW, part 7: Santiago, Chile, to Ushuaia, Argentina
- RTW, part 8: Key West, FL, United States, to Steveston, BC, Canada
- RTW, part 9: Cape Town, South Africa, to Jerusalem, Israel
- RTW, part 10: Casablanca, Morroco, to Tangier, Morroco
- RTW, part 11: Algeciras, Spain, to Roscoff, France
- RTW, part 12: Cork, Ireland, to Dover, United Kingdom
- RTW, part 13: Calais, France, to Gallipoli, Turkey
- RTW, part 14: Lapseki, Turkey, to Horgas, Kazakhstan
- RTW, part 15: Khorgas, China, to Ningbo, China
- RTW, part 16: Busan, South Korea, to Incheon, South Korea
- RTW, part 17: Osaka, Japan, to Shimonoseki, Japan
- RTW, part 18: Mong Cai, Vietnam, to Singapore
- RTW, part 19: Darwin, NT, Australia, to the Sydney Opera House, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia