The planned, round the world trip itinerary
Here is my planned, round the world itinerary. Like all things, it’s subject to change, and it most definitely will. I’ve decided to create an itinerary for one reason – to give me the freedom and flexibility to modify, ignore parts, or just abandon it totally.
I will be starting my trip on the 1st of January, 2022, by flying to Queenstown, New Zealand. After a few days there, pottering around, I will start pedalling around New Zealand for the next three months. After New Zealand, it’s a few years in North and South America.
Round the world draft itinerary
Updated: 24/02/2020 11:37 UTC
|New Zealand||3 months||1st January, 2022||31st March, 2022|
|Canada||3 months||1st April, 2022||3rd July, 2022|
|United States||6 months||4th July, 2022||30th December, 2022|
|South & Central America||2 years||31st December, 2022||28th February, 2025|
|United States & Canada||7 months||1st March, 2025||31st October, 2025|
I’ve put together a series of maps, with proposed routes, which are linked below (each opens in a new tab/window).
- RTW, part I (New Zealand)
- RTW, part II (Canada: Vancouver, BC, to Niagara Falls, ON)
- RTW, part III (Niagara Falls, NY, to San Ysidro, CA)
- RTW, part IV (Central America: Matamoros, Mexico, to Panama City, Panama)
- RTW, part V (South America, Pt. I: Caracas, Venezuela, to Santiago, Chile)
- RTW, part VI (South America, Pt. II: Santiago, Chile, to São Luis, Brazil)
- RTW, part VII (USA & Canada: Las Vegas, NV, to Anchorage, AK)
After Anchorage, it’s a quick trip home before heading off to Asia, Europe, and Africa.