The planned, round the world trip itinerary
Here is my planned, round the world itinerary. Like all things, it’s subject to change, and it most definitely will. I’ve decided to create an itinerary for one reason – to give me the freedom and flexibility to modify, ignore parts, or just abandon it totally.
I will be starting my trip in December, 2022, from the Sydney Opera House and cycling the short distance to Sydney Airport, before flying to Queenstown, New Zealand. After a week there, pottering around, I will start pedalling through New Zealand. From there, it’s a few years cycling through North and South America.
I can only guess how long it will take for me to cycle through Africa. Europe (including the UK & Ireland), and Asia. The trip will end, after the final leg from Darwin, where it started: the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
I’ve put together a series of maps, with proposed routes, which are linked below (each opens in a new tab/window).
- Sydney Opera House to Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD/YSSY)
- Cape Spear, NF, Canada, to Welshpool, NB, Canada
- Calais, ME, United States, to San Ysidro, CA, United States
- Tijuana, Mexico, to Panama City, Panama
- Caracas, Venezuela, to Santiago, Chile
- Santiago, Chile, to Ushuaia, Argentina
- Ushuaia, Argentina, to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Key West, FL, United States, to Steveston, BC, Canada (optional)
- Casablanca, Morroco, to Tangier, Morroco
- Algeciras, Spain, to Roscoff, France
- Cork, Ireland, to Dover, United Kingdom
- Calais, France, to Helsinki, Finland
- Tallinn, Estonia, to Gallipoli, Turkey
- Lapseki, Turkey, to Horgas, Kazakhstan
- Khorgas, China, to Ningbo, China
- Incheon, South Korea, to Busan, South Korea
- Osaka, Japan, to Shimonoseki, Japan
- Ningbo to Dongxing, China
- Mong Cai, Vietnam, to Singapore
- Medan, Indonesia, to Dili, Timor-Leste
- Darwin, NT, Australia, to the Sydney Opera House, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia