18th June, 2024
  • Menu

Update: departure delayed due to Sydney lockdown

Just a quick update! My planned start, which was set for the 3rd of July, has now been delayed. Today, the Greater Sydney area (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour) was plunged into a two week lockdown. As a result, I’m not able to start my bicycle from Sydney to Fremantle for at least another couple of weeks. Despite it being frustrating, it probably had to be done. And there will be others in a far worse situation than I am – some people just won’t get paid for a couple of weeks, whereas I will still continue to be paid.

A further update will be made when either the lockdown is lifted or extended. One way or another, I will still be doing this ride. I will just be setting off later than planned. Until then, donations can be made.

Image courtesy of Yuri Samoilov. This image provided under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. You can copy, distribute, adopt and transmit the work for any purpose, even commercially, all without asking permission.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.